7 Tips for Your Newborn Session
Everyone wants gorgeous Newborn Portraits. So how do we accomplish those images that are pure perfection? There are a few things you can do to help ensure your session is a success.
1. Give baby a soothing bath and apply lotion.
2. Play with baby on the way to the studio to give them awake time before their session.
3. Please wait to feed your baby until upon arrival, so that he/she might be more likely to fall asleep after nursing. We have a comfortable place for you to do this.
4. Even if you do not use one at home please bring a pacifier for your little one to suck on. This will help soothe them into some of the poses.
5. Many of the images we take are “au natural” but we do not want your baby to be cold, so you can bring a favorite soft blanket. The studio lighting also feels warm and will not harm your little one in any way.
6. If you have any favorite outfits, such as an NFL team jersey, christening gown, or ballerina tutu, etc., please bring these special items with you.
7. For parents, just dress comfortably. You do not have to dress up. You can wear a blouse or a nice top if you wish to have any pictures with baby. We can shoot the images from the waist up. Mamas, you are welcome to use the studios gowns for more of an artistic feel.
Nicole Hollenkamp serves clients in studio in Milaca as well as on location or in their homes.
Nicole Hollenkamp is a custom portrait photographer in Milaca, Minnesota specializing in maternity, newborn, birth, and milk bath photography. Serving the Northern Twin Cities area, including (but not limited to) Anoka, Becker, Big Lake, Bock, Clearwater, Elk River, Foley, Foreston, Garrison, Gilman, Glendorado, Isle, Maple Grove, Milaca, Monticello, Oak Park, Ogilvie, Onamia, Otsego, Princeton, Rice, Rogers, Sartell, Sauk Rapids, St Cloud, St. Joseph, Waite Park, Watab, Zimmerman and More.